When i first began this blog in 2005 i chose the title Deep Waters, and now i live in a town called Oromocto which means Deep River.
"Before the white man came, Oromocto was used by the Indians as a camping and burial ground. The word Oromocto has its origin from the Indian word WEL—A—MOOK—TOOK. Its meaning has several versions but the most commonly known are deep river or good river for navigation by canoe." The Oromocto River is behind me. http://www.oromocto.ca/generalOneCol/jpage/1/p/InterestingFacts/content.do
"Before the white man came, Oromocto was used by the Indians as a camping and burial ground. The word Oromocto has its origin from the Indian word WEL—A—MOOK—TOOK. Its meaning has several versions but the most commonly known are deep river or good river for navigation by canoe." The Oromocto River is behind me. http://www.oromocto.ca/generalOneCol/jpage/1/p/InterestingFacts/content.do
This is where we live now, and since my last entry in 2007 my name has changed to Mrs. Sprunger, I have taught in the Intercultural Studies department, i have family in Switzerland, i no longer live in Alberta and i am realising my self confidence and worth is tied up in what i do.
I felt rather important as the Administrative Assistant to the Dean,
As a lecturer at college and a homeowner,
As a single self made lady
Who moved and settled in a new country
Away from familiar and family
And as a pious/devout christian.
Now i am none of these
And i am shaken.
I am a housewife with a part-time job.
I am profoundly shaken.
Now my identity is tied up with Mr. Sprunger's.
My bragging rights are his.
I cook and clean for Us.
My home is Ours, my space is Ours.
When i want alone time it's away from him.
My frequent apologies are to him
My money is Ours.
My future plans involve him.
My God seems different and i am confused,
Who is my Spiritual head? God or Mr. Sprunger?
I am a housewife with a part-time job...
What in the world does that mean?
HI Sarah! It's lovely to hear a little bit from you again! It's good to hear some of your thoughts on how you're doing there. I've felt some of those same thoughts, and still do. It's an interesting process, hard, purifying and... good. In the end, I'm thankful for what I have learned, I have no desire to pass through that process again, but I would never ever give up what I learned during it. I hope and pray that it's the same for you. As you walk this new and strange path that you will find gems and jewels along the way that never would have come across your path other wise... and they will be worth it. :) Love you still... Sara-Lyn...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Sarah! I know it must not be easy (I'm expecting the same once we're in Germany). Praying for the Lord's grace in this time of shaking, and that you can stand on Christ, the solid rock and your sure foundation.
ReplyDeleteThough you know it already, I want to remind you that you are deeply loved by our heavenly father, and that in his eyes your worth is based on the fact that Christ died for you. His plans for you and JL are for good, and I know that he has plans uniquely for you as an individual as well. Learning to serve others is tough, especially where our husbands are concerned (only 6 months into marriage I'm learning that). But I trust that as we prove faithful in the small things, even being a housewife, God will unfold more.
It's a hard but good place to be in when we don't know the answers. Hmm, deep river...perhaps Isaiah 43 is an encouragement:
"1But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you...
he who formed you...
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
4 you are precious and honored in my sight,
and... I love you."
Hang in there my friend!
-Love from the Moglers
Hey Sarah. Thanks for writing and letting us be a part of your journey. I wish I could be there (actually I wish you could be here). To me you will always be my dear friend, who can light up a room like no other, who is strong and couragous and most of all who has a heart after God (even when He is hard to find). All my love Jocelyn
ReplyDelete