Before we left for BC (dec 25th, 06), I didn’t sleep well that night and I was feeling quite anxious and nervous about traveling again. I’m glad Shirley was with me.
We arrived in Victoria early Monday morning Dec 26th, James and Elaine arrived just a few minutes after we arrived, then we all piled into James' messy car and stopped at a few beaches on the way to their parents home. We also stopped to pick up some coffee at Tim Hortons and we stopped at a store to buy fruit, and on the side of the road to see the ocean, beautiful but i was soo tired from a busy last few weeks of the fall semester and a busy Christmas weekend with Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle John.
Victoria Island looks much like Ooty in the trees and rainy monsoon kind of weather. i love the damp look the forests have to it. It was nice to not have to see snow but green. Very pretty. When we got to the Wikkerink Home, I took a long nap and later that evening Theresa and Constantine returned because they had gone to Vancover to pick up Fran and Constantine’s mother Lubov. That was great to see her again. We went to bed sort of later, and slept in the next day.
On Tuesday Mr Wikkerink was called in to go to a house to work on their satellite, so we went with him, and he dropped us off at the gorgeous, but windy cold French Beach, Fran Shirley, Elaine (One of Theresa’s sisters) I. I was tired and so a little grouchy i think, but i am glad we went.
That evening more guests arrived, James (Theresa’s older brother) came, Earl (Theresa’s younger brother) was already home, and Anna-Marrie (Theresa’s youngest sister) and her hubby arrived. Meanwhile Fran Shirley Earl and I practiced a song that Theresa wanted us to sing at her wedding. I harmonized. It was a fun full house. Mrs. Wikkereink was amazing.
Fran, Shirley and I shared a room.
On Wednesday the day after we arrived. That was nice, another day Theresa Constantine, and his Mum, brother and sister and Shirley and I went to the famous Bauchard Gardens to see the night light decorations, and ice skate. That was fun. Theresa and I got to hang out a good bit during that time. I really enjoyed that. Another evening Fran, Shirley and I practiced the song we had to sing for the wedding that was fun. We also choose music for wedding for the bridesmaids to walk down too.
I forget what we did Thursday - i think the ladies spent the morning doing our nails. i had the lady do a french manicure, and put 2 sparkle stones, which i lost before Saturday.
Friday afternoon was the rehearsal and after the rehearsal, James, Fran, Shirley and I went shopping for decorations for the going away car, I also found a pair of very sharp dress shoes that I wore to the wedding, turned out to be excellent dancing shoes too.
The Wedding Saturday Dec 30th was lovely. if i had my head screwed on right i would realise what an honour it is for me to have walked the aisle as many times as i have. but i've settled in my heart that this will be the last time, and i hope that Shirley and Sharon won't mind. Theresa was certainly so happy and i like Konstantin. He is a good man for her. The theme of their message was servanthood and serving. i cried and thought at one point that i would faint becuase i was trying so hard not to break down into a heaving sobbing mess. Theresa has been my most serving of all friends, and i cried at with gratitude.
The Reception was one of the funnest i ever was at. Got lots of dancing in, danced Lady in Red and brushed up on my swing for "Brown Eyed-girl" with the MC and older brother of the Bride. My swing will need a whole lot of brushing up on infact, he was pretty good. Made me remember Erica and Scott and Roger when we all went to West Ed. for swing lessons. that was oh my 6 or 7 years ago? 1999? made my Maid of Honour Toast to the Bride and Groom. Giggled like old times with Fran. Danced with Theresa.
It was a good time, and cathartic to my mourning soul and a good way to end a year of Mourning and start a New Year. I will never stop mourning the death of Mummy, i will always always miss her, but the year i choose to take off was a good year and i'm glad i did. On December 11th i took Mum's purple earings out.
No comments:
Post a Comment